WHAT MAKES FLYGRIP SO GREAT?
If you are constantly multitasking and glued to your phone, FlyGrip allows you to free up one hand and multi-task efficiently without the fear of dropping your phone. FlyGrip also doubles as a kickstand in both portrait and landscape viewing angles. Don't take our word for it, read testimonials from many Flygrip users.
HOW WILL FLYGRIP HELP WITH THE USE OF TOUCH SCREEN PHONES?
FlyGrip was developed to be used with touch screen smartphones and personal devices such as tablets and e-readers.
The sensitivity of touch screens causes accidental misclicks which can be frustrating. FlyGrip allows your device to be secured on your fingertips, not in the palm of your hand, which allows for a much greater range of motion for your thumb. You will never misclick again!
WHAT KIND OF PHONES OR DEVICES DOES FLYGRIP WORK WITH?
Almost any phone or device works with FlyGrip! All you need is a smooth, solid area to stick FlyGrip on, either on the back of the device or on your case. Application is fast and easy.Please click on our Phone Compatibility page for an updated list of phones and potential case issues.
Our experience has shown that only the Iphone 4S and the Nexus 4 are both constructed with Gorilla Glass on the back. Gorilla Glass will not allow anything to adhere to it, so for these phones you must use a case.
WILL FLYGRIP WORK WITH A PHONE HOLSTER?
When closed, FlyGrip takes up only about ¼" of space. So as long as there is enough room in your holster for an extra ¼", FlyGrip will fit without a problem. For other style holsters that snap to the fropnt of the phone, Flygrip works perfectly with those as well.
HOW EASY IS IT TO APPLY FLYGRIP?
FlyGrip is extremely easy to apply and anyone can do it. FlyGrip is applied by removing the liner of the adhesive tape and sticking FlyGrip to the back of either your phone or case. Further instructions are provided with each FlyGrip. See video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5REFIzm0fc
HOW CAN FLYGRIP BE REMOVED? AFTER FLYGRIP IS REMOVED, CAN IT CAN BE RE-USED?
There are a few ways to remove your FlyGrip. To best illustrate these removal techniques, please view these videos:
Always use care and caution when trying these techniques. Take your time and do not rush the removal process to eliminate any damage to FlyGrip.
HOW MANY SIZES DOES FLYGRIP COME IN?
FlyGrip comes in 3 sizes: small, medium and large.
The best way to use FlyGrip is to hold it between your fingers. The middle finger and ring finger are most comfortable, yet, some people prefer to use their pointer finger and middle finger. FlyGrip should fit a little snug around the fingers, as this allows the most secure hold while providing the best mobility to navigate your device.
To figure out which size works best for you, use this simple size test. Put a penny vertically between your middle and ring finger:
· 'Small' will fit fingers that are up to 3/8" thick. If your fingertip reaches the mouth of President Lincoln on a penny, then 'small' is the best size for you.
· 'Medium' is for fingers 5/8" thick. If your fingertip reaches the top of President Lincoln's head on a penny, 'medium' is your size.
· 'Large' is for fingers that are up to 3/4" thick. Your fingertip almost covers the top of the penny.
Everyone has their own preference as to how snug the FlyGrip should fit. Our experiences have shown that most people enjoy a slight snug fit for smaller phones, and a slight loose fit for larger phones (4.3"+ screens), as this allows the most secure hold while providing the best mobility to navigate your device. See video for more explanation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k-30qPeZFY
Each FlyGrip comes with a set of foam pads. Use these foam pads if you feel you need a little extra snugness.
WHY NOT MAKE FLYGRIP PART OF THE CASE?
There are three main reasons we developed Flygrip to be an accessory that attaches to the phone as opposed to a single phone case.
1. We know many smartphone users are biased to their phones and their phone cases. There are many styles of cases to choose from, many colors, textures, materials, etc. We did not want to limit the choice to the user by forcing them to use only our Flygrip/case combination. Also, many users do not want a case at all, and Flygrip will accommodate those users as well. We felt it was the only way to provide the user with a CHOICE and not limit their selection. You will also find that as you use Flygrip, you will realize that you are not going to drop your phone, and may reconsider getting cases that are extremely thick and bulky. We offer a free case with each purchase that can be used with Flygrip. We have chosen cases that offer good protection while keeping a slim profile.
2. Another reason for Flygrip to be an attachment to your phone or phone case, was to provide the best comfort and usability. Not all hands are the same, and not all phone sizes are the same. Flygrip gives you the choice to install anywhere on the phone in order to provide the best position for your fingers. By providing this level of customization, Flygrip will provide you with the most comfort and usability for you.
3. Lastly, we know most smartphone users switch their phones every two years (some more, some less). We felt that our users should be able to enjoy their Flygrip from phone to phone without having to be forced to buy a new Flygrip each time.
DOES FLYGRIP INTERFERE WITH NFC CHIPS?
From our experience, NFC works from about 1" to 1.5" distance and is usually placed on the top back of the phone. Flygrip is positioned on the bottom of the phone, and is only .25" thick, so from our own testing, it has not interfered NFC communications at all.
Does FLYGRIP WORK WITH WIRELESS CHARGERS?
We have some luck with wireless chargers. Not all chargers seem to provide the same range/distance in it's charging capabilities. Recent news shows that upcoming wireless chargers will have a range of 40mm, which is about 1.5" distance, which is much more than enough for Flygrip's slim 1/4" thickness.
What are the shipping costs for USA and Canada?We offer 3 different levels of shipping for USA.
$3.99 for First Class Mail w/tracking (USPS says 2-6 Days, on average about 3 days)
$5.99 for Priority Mail w/Tracking (USPS says 2-3 Days, on average 3 days)
$24.99 For Express Overnight w/Tracking (Next Day)
What does International shipping cost and what method do you use?
We currently use Fedex International shipping for all countries outside of North America (Canada and Mexico still use USPS). Depending on the country, the cost is $13-25 to
you and usually takes 2-3 days. We subsidize this price for our
international customers until we get warehousing in all the
countries. Fedex charges us anywhere from $28-35 to ship our
We used to ship via USPS, the price was closer to $20, but shipping time became a big issue with our customers, as it took sometimes over 30 days to get to them. This became increasing frustrating for customers as well as us. Plus the tracking was not as accurate. USPS would only show tracking up to the part of the USA where it leaves. Then, as the product gets through customs, you will end up waiting and not knowing when it will come to you.
We understand that the shipping is expensive, but unless we can find a less expensive solution, this is the best we can do right now. Please, if you have a less expensive, "traceable" solution to ship from USA to your country, we are 100% open to trying it.
USPS also offers non-traceable shipping which is less expensive, around $9-11. The problem with this method is there is no way to track it. So you could be waiting weeks or months and there is no recourse to the carrier, there is no proof of anything, and this leads to a dissatisfied customer. Because 9 out of 10 times, the customer will blame us for this, and there is nothing we can do. As much as we would love to ship this method due to the low cost, it has been nothing but a disaster each time we have tried this in the past.
I know the cost of shipping is expensive, but until we get warehousing in place for all the countries, it is our only option. We offer free international shipping for orders of 6 or more at the same time.
Can I purchase Flygrip using Bitcoin?
We will allow purchases using Bitcoin. Unfortunately the website that we use does not offer a seamless integration or Bitcoin, but we can send a request for payment if you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, phone #, and what quantity, color and size Flygrip you want to purchase. We will provide a Bitcoin exchange rate based on the latest USD conversion from https://mtgox.com/