For new users of Flygrip, we have compiled a slew of very useful information about how Flygrip will benefit you.
Below are the most important benefits and videos and links to help you learn all that Flygrip can do for you.
1. Most importantly: Install and Hold Flygrip the correct way. Finger tips should be used (preferably middle and ring finger - although there are times when pointer and middle finger may work better - depending on hand size). Please see this video BEST SPOT FOR FLYGRIP VIDEO:
Flygrip is not meant for your entire finger to go through it. Although some users say they like it that way, so try and see which way works best for you you.
Showing sizes and gap for your fingers: Please see this video: FLYGRIP SIZES
2. Learn how to open and close Flygrip with one hand. There is a learning curve to fully appreciate Flygrip. From your pocket, into your hand quickly is a huge component of making Flygrip part of how you will use your phone from now on. By learning how to do this will make using Flygrip Second nature. (at about 1 min mark on the video) Please watch this video FLYGRIP IN YOU RHAND IN LESS THAN A SECOND
3. Pocketability of Flygrip is always a common question. Flygrip is only 1/4" thick. We have found that this slight added thickness will not be an issue, in fact you will most likely not even notice it.
For those who use their front pocket to put their phone, you should put the phone into your pocket with display facing your leg, and the top of phone facing down. This actually makes getting your phone into your hand even quicker. The fact that Flygrip is on the back of it, actually gives you something to use to pull it out of your pocket (while Flygrip is closed). See video FLYGRIP POCKETABILITY
Flygrip also works with most holsters. The leather type that is flexible usually has no problem housing the Flygrip, and if you have one of the more portrait plastic holsters, the phones screen facing the body, and Flygrip/back facing outward, so no problem there either.
Users who carry their phones in their purse, Flygrip's slight added thickness will not affect you.
4. Flygrip is not device specific. Works on all devices. Small phones, large phones, very large phones, works well for everyone who gives it a chance. So it is a one-time purchase. When you upgrade your phone, you do not have to purchase another Flygrip, you can use it on your next device. Removing Flygrip is easy. Here is one video FLYGRIP REMOVAL
More adhesive can be bought online under accessories. One extra adhesive comes with your Flygrip.
5. Made in USA. Supporting American innovation and creating jobs as opposed to the numerous companies in this industry that outsource everything and we all wonder why unemployment is at an all time high.
6. We offer a 60 day money back guarantee. Since we are not in many retailers right now, being able to try it in person is not as easy as we like. This way we are able to provide a chance to enjoy Flygrip without a risk. We also provide a full 1 Year warranty.
7. Customer support is #1 Priority. We help all of users if they ever have any issues or questions. If you search around, I am proud to say that our users have appreciated our customer service. I also have a slew of video blogs on YouTube under FLYGRIPINC , Many times I do a video every time a new benefit is apparent to me, sometimes provided from our user base.
BELOW ARE other benefits that are very useful:
Using your Phone for Voice Calls:
Flygrip is not just for navigating your phone. Voice Calls on your phone can be held a few ways as shown here: VOICE CALLS WITH FLYGRIP
Designed to keep your hand/wrist at a better angle as well as your fingers in their natural curve. Compare the angle of your hand/wrist to when using Flygrip vs holding your phone with one hand and poking at it with the other and/or trying to manage with one hand alone without Flygrip. You will see and feel the comfort difference.
If you fully relax your hand, you will notice that your fingers tend to curl into a a 'C'. This is a relaxed hand position. When you position Flygrip properly, you will take advantage of that curl and utilize it to provide a secure grip at the same time get longer reach with your thumb.
Most people, once they slide their fingers into Flygrip and hold the phone, have the same response.. It is sort of a "ahh. this feels right". We noticed this when doing demos at CES, CTIA, MacWorld trade shows.
We have gotten emails from users with carpal tunnel, as well as a chiropractor who have both commented that Flygrip does produce less strain on the wrist, fingers and forearm. I do not have a "4 out of 5 doctors agree that Flygrip....." statistic, but it has been stated by our users how it has helped in these ways.
While using Flygrip you are able to keep your phone at a comfortable distance compared to the traditional method of holding the device. When using two hands, you tend to have the phone closer to your face. Having the phone further from your face gives you the ability to see what's going on around you. Having awareness of your surrounding are not just important for walking on the sidewalk, crossing the streets, etc...but also gives you awareness of potentially dangerous situations that are happening around you and others.
More Socially Appropriate
Sounds funny, but when your face is planted in your phone, you are less social. When in public, putting your full attention into a device is antisocial. We are social beings, and I see too many people engrossed in their phones in public. Flygrip can provide a more casual way of using your phone. Two hands on your phone automatically positions the phone dead center of your body, whereas with one hand, it does not.
Another example is: Lets say you are walking with your girlfriend (or boyfriend), your spouse, or even your child and you are holding their hand. You feel the vibration that you got a text message. Now, in the situation where it's your girlfriend or wife, are you rude and let go of their hand to answer it? Well, very few of us may have the dexterity to get the phone out of our pocket, into our hand, slide to unlock, and text back the message all with one hand AND while walking. With a Flygrip, all of us can do this, and never miss a step.
Drop your Phone?
Consider Flygrip as insurance that you will not drop your phone. It is very secure in your hand while still being able to keep a relaxed hand.
Less Neck strain
Most people have their heads down when using their phone, because they want gravity to help keep their phones in their hands. This constant down-looking angle puts strain on your neck. Many users have written to us about this and how Flygrip has helped. You are able to keep your phone more vertical, thus keeping your head up, less strain.
Using your phone while laying in bed
"I have dropped my phone on my head a million times while playing words with friends in bed". We heard this at least 50 times at the trade shows we have been to. And it is true, you are able to fight "Gravity" and have the phone completely upside down without fear of it landing on your head. This gives you many new angles to enjoy your device.
We have had skateboarders, skiers (on a ski lift), Zip Liners, and SkyDivers who have used their phones during situations where they would normally never chance use their phone (for video, photos as well as normal use) Here is a video that a local Skydive company shot for us: FLYGRIP BEING USED DURING SKYDIVING
I have had people who are avid sailors and boaters, who love Flygrip while being on the water. The choppy waves may make the boat unstable, thus giving you a difficult time balancing yourself, let alone trying to use your phone. With Flygrip, one hand holding yourself upright, other hand on the phone works great.
Pinch and Zoom
With Flygrip, you can pinch and zoom with one hand while holding the phone. Try doing that without a Flygrip.
video: PINCH AND ZOOM WITH ONE HAND
There are many different typing styles out there. One popular method is swyping. Flygrip provides such a great reach with your thumb that entering text using the Swype style keyboards is a pleasure.
Two Thumb Typing
Since Flygrip provides a better grip, it provides your fingers with more reach, and more of an arc with your thumbs. Without Flygrip, you tend to have to grab the phone in an awkward way. See video for a good demonstration TYPING WITH FLYGRIP
We offer different size Flygrip for finger varying finger thickness. To get the most comfort, you need to have a Flygrip that fits you properly, just as you would not expect everyone to wear the same shoe size or shirt size, it needs to be sized correctly for you. We offer 3 sizes on our original Flygrip, and 2 sizes on the Gravity version. We also offer foam pads for those who want to tweak the snugness even more.
This has been a very popular benefit for our users. Shooting video or taking photos typically becomes a two handed operation for most. You carefully grab the edges of the phone being careful not to touch the front of the screen, otherwise you may end up misclicking something, and then you use your other hand to tap the camera button on the screen. This sometimes leads to an unstable shot because your tap sometimes moves the camera. When using two different hands in mid-air, stability is not as good as if you rest your forearms on a table or to stabilize yourself. If you try to take a photo using one hand without a Flygrip, you may drop your phone because you typically use your thumb and middle finger to hold the slim edges of the phone, and you try to use your pointer finger to hit the camera button. We have all done this, and its not most convenient way to shoot a picture. Shooting both a portrait or landscape video or photo with a Flygrip is extremely stable and much easier.
Different angles for video. I have been in situations (at a concert) where I am trying to shoot a video in a crowd, and holding the phone over the person's head in front of me. The extended reach without fear of dropping your phone is simple great. I can even tilt the phone over the head and tilt the camera down. Try doing that without a Flygrip and you can twist your wrist. Keep in mind that others around you are bumping into you. The chances of dropping your phone are high.
Self videos are much easier with a Flygrip. Using the front facing camera, extending your arm as far as possible to get a bigger view makes self photos easier and clearer. We have some top Instagramers and Viners that use Flygrip.
Also using the kickstand, front facing camera, and timer (or Samsung voice commands) makes for a great way to take a group photo when no one is around to snap one for you (or you don't want to bother anyone).
Tablets and Ebooks
Flygrip works great on Kindles/Nooks and small tablets. the black and white kindles are light, and avid readers rave about how it works great and provide so much less hand fatigue. On tablets, it works almost equally as well, for a way to hold and reach "most" of the screen with one hand.
On the field
IT Professional from 3 different companies have reached out to us using Flygrip for their techs. Many times being in a server room, on your knees, propping yourself up with one hand on the floor and one hand on your Flygrip -enabled phone, trying to get behind a server, you can use the flashlight on the phone as well as ping a server using your phone.
Salespeople at tradeshows, and events, who use a Tablet for demonstrating their products (showing videos,etc), they put a Flygrip on the back of the Tablet and it gives them an easy way to hold, show the display, and demonstrate their products online.
A few users have commented on when they go to the supermarket, the fact that they are able to use their phone for grocery list or text family members, hold the phone in a reverse Flygrip position (Between their fingers with screen facing out) - same hand pushing the shopping cart, leaves a single hand free to grab product and put in their cart.
Note and the S-Pen
We have heard people say I don't like the wobble if I lay it on a table to use. Well, you can open the kickstand and actually give yourself a better angle for writing with the Spen or just using with your finger. This can be accomplished by just downloading a rotate app for your phone, and get a reverse portrait view. Once you have it in reverse portrait, you can use the phone in a unique angle. See video: FLYGRIP NO WOBBLE
When using the SPen while holding your phone is also more comfortable with Flygrip/Phone in one hand, and S-pen in the other.
Flygrip has been a great promotional item for companies wishing to brand themselves. What better spot to put your logo or message than on the back of everyone's phone?
WHY NOT MAKE FLYGRIP PART OF THE CASE?
There are three main reasons I developed Flygrip to be an accessory that attaches to the phone as opposed to a single phone case.
1. We know many smartphone users are biased to their phones and their phone cases. There are many styles of cases to choose from, many colors, textures, materials, etc. We did not want to limit the choice to the user by forcing them to use only our Flygrip/case combination. Some phone manufacturers expect everyone to assimilate and use ONE PHONE SIZE AND SHAPE. Android users like to customize, like to have choice of size, shape, brand, color, etc.. Also, many users do not want a case at all, and Flygrip will accommodate those users as well. We felt it was the only way to provide the user with a CHOICE and not limit their selection. You will also find that as you use Flygrip, you will realize that you are not going to drop your phone, and may reconsider getting cases that are extremely thick and bulky. We offer a free case with each purchase that can be used with Flygrip. We have chosen cases that offer good protection while keeping a slim profile.
2. Another reason for Flygrip to be created as an attachment to your phone or phone case, was to provide the best comfort and usability. Not all hands are the same, and not all phone sizes are the same. Flygrip gives you the choice to install it anywhere on the phone in order to provide the best position for your fingers. By providing this level of customization, Flygrip will provide you with the most comfort and usability for you.
3. Lastly, we know most smartphone users switch their phones every two years (some more, some less). We felt that our users should be able to enjoy their Flygrip from phone to phone without having to be forced to buy a new Flygrip each time.